Monday, December 8, 2014

A is for Aralie Branson and C is for Crazy Fans


Aralie Branson stopped by to let us in on some Saturn info!


What is the best and worst part of being a Saturn girlfriend?
Best part: I never have to worry that my boyfriend won't be able to pay for our date.
Worst part: Everything else. I know that sounds terrible. Jules is great – seriously, absolutely amazing. But all this fandom craziness and paparazzi and stalkers and crap? I could do without all of it. 

How has yours and Jules' relationship changed since lockdown ended? Do you try to talk to each other daily?
It's been a little different because he's so busy, and the band has had nonstop promo events, but we text all the time, and he calls me when he has a free minute just so we can actually talk for a moment. It's a lot of work, but you do what you have to.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you since it became public knowledge that you were dating a SAS guy?
People seriously sit outside our house, outside of the gates, taking photos of us. They take pictures of us in the grocery store. We're like small town celebs now. I hate it. I feel like one of those crazy old ladies because I want to scream, "Get the eff off my lawn, motherf*ckers!" 

How did meeting Darby McMillon go over, and what did you think of her?
Umm... Well... It went. Darby and I are very different. She's nice and all, but I pretty much hate the fandom, and she's one of the fandom queens, so we are from two very different worlds. 

Are you nervous about senior year and how people are going to treat you because of your new-found fame?
I'm dreading going back to school because I like being normal. I know, I know - I threw away normal when lockdown happened, and I chose not to be normal by dating Julian Rossi. My parents have already said that if it's too bad, I can do homeschooling to get my diploma. I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping out of public school the first week. 

If you could go back and change one thing about lockdown, what would it be?
Emery's birthday party. I would've jumped across the table and slapped Jules instead of just screaming at him. (Sorry, Em. Love you. But YOU were the one wearing the Benji mask, so you technically started everything.) 

Have your feeling toward Noah Winters changed any, or is he still the most annoying person in the universe to you?
HAHAHAHA! There was a lot of miscommunication and misinterpretations during lockdown. Now that all the secrets are out and we're all acting like humans (except Tate, obviously), Noah's definitely cool. I can totally hang with him.

Are there any Saturn secrets you can let the fans in on?
Hmm... Chloe has a very exciting job offer/proposition in the works, and we're waiting for a phone call from someone very awesome to confirm if it's going to go through. I'm SO excited for her, and I can't wait for her to be able to announce it! :D

Also, thank you for having me today! I apologize for my late arrival. My driver had a terrible sense of direction and got us lost a few times. Better late than never, though, yes?



I was going to do a segment on Crazy Fans, but I think Aralie summed it up in her interview -
"People seriously sit outside our house, outside of the gates, taking photos of us. They take pictures of us in the grocery store. We're like small town celebs now. I hate it. I feel like one of those crazy old ladies because I want to scream, "Get the eff off my lawn, motherf*ckers!" "
She's not even in SAS, so you guys can imagine the insanity the guys get!

As one of the original Saturnites, Darby McMillon has been a longtime face of the fandom. From the days when the boys were just a YouTube band trying to gain fans up through their recent lockdown, Darby's channel - Darby's Daily Dose of Drama - was the "go to" spot for all things Spaceships Around Saturn. 

Until now, she's been trusted by most and envied by few, but her meet up with SAS girlfriend Chloe Branson shakes Darby's world. She learns quickly that when you're with the band, everything isn't always red carpets and music videos. 


And the closer she gets to her SAS crush Tate Kingsley, the closer she comes to losing her Saturnite status forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment