Monday, December 8, 2014

S is for an interview with a Saturn guy, A is for American Girl on Saturn, and R is for Reality


S is for an interview with a Saturn guy

Today Spaceships Around Saturn's Benji Baccarini stops by to fill us in on how life after lockdown has been!

I know you're happy to be out of the Branson house and back home, but I do have one question about your stay. How were your lemon ice cubes?

I can definitely breathe easier outside of lockdown. As far as the ice cubes go, hell yes! They were awesome. Definitely something I'll try again, although I may not do as well without the help of Emery & Chloe. 

How has the fandom acted toward you guys since your time on 'lockdown?'

The fandom has been... clingy? I get it. Lockdown was scary for them, but it's been insane. The screaming and crying and hysteria is overwhelming. It was crazy before, but lockdown brought it to a whole new level. 

Who is your favorite band/musician?

I'm a huge Bruno Mars fan. I love Katy Perry too. She amazes me. I'll admit, though - Chloe's hooked me on Sebastian's Shadow, and Aralie's slowly working on getting me into Mutilated Arteries. My favorite music will always be indie coffee shop type music, though. 

Has music always been your passion, or was there ever anything else you wanted to be while you were growing up?

Music is my life. I was a local "coffee shop indie artist" until I hooked up with the rest of SAS. I'll play music until the day I die - whether it's with SAS, alone, or with another group. 

I know that being the heart-throb of SAS, management doesn't want you involved in a romantic relationship, but is there anyone you've had your eye on?

Well... I don't mind the "no relationship for the heart-throb" rule. I've had some relationship problems in the past, and it's tough to maintain a strong relationship when you live the life I do. I'm okay with my situation. Is there anyone? Haha, sort of, yeah. But right now, there's nothing either of us can do about it, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens down the road. 

What are your thoughts on the new music video?

Honestly? I think it's sorta lame LOL. It's so typical boyband-ish. I wish we could've done something different. I wanted a video montage of photos from lockdown, but management wanted to capitalize on the romantic element. I'll probably get in trouble for saying that. The only thing that saved this video is the Branson sister who starred in it. 

Rumor has it that your best friend may or may not be Tank Rodriquez? 

Tank's my boy, for sure. People would bromance-ship us if he was in SAS. Hell, people probably do some kinda Benji/Tank bromance shipping anyway. I never really understood that stuff. I mean, what would they call us? Bank? Tenji? It's all so lame. 

Anything you'd like to tell the Saturnites?

Buy our album! Come to our shows! And have fun. And thanks bc you guys let me play music for a living. Oh! And some chick named Nikki Godwin keeps harrassing me to tell you guys to buy her books. Legally. Because I hate thieves. She didn't pay me to say that part either. I really do fucking hate thieves. 

Thanks for stopping by and have fun on the rest of the tour! 

Thanks for having me. ;)


A is for American Girl on Saturn

American Girl on Saturn isn't only a novel by Nikki Godwin, but a song by Spaceships Around Saturn that Milo Grayson wrote about Chloe Branson. Any Saturnites remember the song he sang for her in the treehouse? Yup. American Girl on Saturn is that very song! :) Maybe one day there will be a song about Darby McMillon! You never know, they may sing a theme song for her Vlog.....or maybe just Tate will!

R is for Reality

Darby McMillon has always pictured and dreamed of the day she would meet Spaceships Around Saturn. Every Saturnite in the galaxy envied the Branson sisters and longed to be one of them. The only question is... can reality ever measure up to the dreams Darby conjured in her mind?



You'll just have to find out on August 29th when you buy your copy of Kids In Love!

#KidsInLove #SaturnSeries

<3



As one of the original Saturnites, Darby McMillon has been a longtime face of the fandom. From the days when the boys were just a YouTube band trying to gain fans up through their recent lockdown, Darby's channel - Darby's Daily Dose of Drama - was the "go to" spot for all things Spaceships Around Saturn. 

Until now, she's been trusted by most and envied by few, but her meet up with SAS girlfriend Chloe Branson shakes Darby's world. She learns quickly that when you're with the band, everything isn't always red carpets and music videos. 

And the closer she gets to her SAS crush Tate Kingsley, the closer she comes to losing her Saturnite status forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment